How to begin your child's journey
GEMS Al Khaleej International School (AKIS), follow the US Curriculum and endeavors to prepare your children for US education in the future. In order to achieve this, we wish for children to be placed appropriately in the correct year group.
3 Years old
4 Years old
5 Years old
For New Students
STEP 1 – ONLINE APPLICATION
STEP 2 – REGISTRATION
Parents should pay Application Fee of AED 525/- online or at the school cash counter.
This fee is:
- Non-refundable but Transferable if the student chooses any other GEMS school
- Not deductible from the total tuition fees to be paid if the student is offered and accepts a place.
- Parents are required to submit the listed documents to complete the application. Please note you are requested to upload the documents online.
- Note: Payment of the Application fee does not guarantee your child a place at the school. Your application will only be completed once we have received all documentation and the required payment.
STEP 3 - ASSESSMENT
- Your child will be invited by the School Registrar for an assessment or for an interview (when appropriate and if necessary) via email notification or phone.
- Results will be notified via email or by phone.
STEP 4 – ENROLMENT
Registrar will be sending offer letters to successful applicants, subject to seat availability.
STEP 5 – Registration Deposit
- This deposit is payable after the student has been offered a place and parents have accepted the offer. The registration deposit is 10% of the total tuition fees and is deductible from the total tuition fees for the academic year. Please note, this is a non-refundable deposit.
- Once the above process is completed student is officially enrolled.
- Parents will be notified via email the schedule of tuition fee payment, by the Finance department.
- Student and parents’ passport copy, visa and Emirates ID.
- Birth Certificate
- Attested Transfer Certificate
- Vaccination / Immunization Record
- Student and parents’ passport size photo (for school ID Card)
- School report / Transcript for the past 2 years and any other reports (e.g. IEP, medical, therapy reports – if any)
- Completed the AKIS Medical Information Form.
- Transcript request form G 9-12/ Statement of Numbers of Hours and courses taken from G9-12
School Registration Team:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +971 4 2173804/805